Thursday, March 5, 2009

its been 5 weeks

I just finished my 5th week. wow, what a week. At last weeks meeting, I gained a little over a pound. I couldn't understand why. I do everything like I'm supposed to.
They told me at that meeting that I wasn't eating enough. UGH. This week I ate more.
I felt like I was eating all the time. I didn't so much eat more at a sitting, just more often. I ate more snacks. Not really sweet treat snacks, but a granola bar here or a few crackers there.
I felt like I was eating way too much. I kept thinking all week.... I know I'm going to gain. Then I'm going to have to quit. Its too much time and money for me to dish out, not to have it work.

I went to the Wednesday Hyannis meeting this week. I really love this meeting. I didn't actually count, but I think there were 11 or 12 of us. Nice small meeting. The leaders here are great and I feel like I belong. Not like the Yarmouth meeting were there are so many people you're just another face.

I met up with my friend, who's doing great BTW, I think she's at 12 lbs or so.
We stood in line and chatted about the week we had. We talked about how we'd both been out that week and how we hope the booze doesn't make a huge impact. We also talked about how starving we were. No one wants to eat before a weigh in.

I told her about my awesome work out I did that day. 45 min on the stairmaster (90 floors) and 25 min on the elliptical.
I also told her how I was wearing the same pants I wore last week but this week I had to put a pin in them, they kept falling down. :)

So I get on the scale. She said, "well, you're down"
oh thank god. I'm so glad I didn't gain.
then she said. " you're down 4.2"
WHAT? HUH? holy crap. I lost 4.2 lbs

This is what I'm talking about. These are the numbers I wish I had all the other weeks.
Slow and steady. I know.

What to change this week: Nothing. I need to do it just like I did last week. :)
Goals for this week: Keep up with the great work outs at the gym.
Keep eating. Eat Eat Eat.
Milestones for the next meeting. I want 10 lbs lost. Thats only 2.6 lbs away. That will give my my 5% goal too!

This is me:
159.4 4.2lbs down this week
7.4 total lost in 5 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment