Friday, January 18, 2013

The first week

WOW! I can not believe its been a week already.  It was a lot easier then I thought getting back into the swing of things.
I ate a lot of salads this week. Actually, I'm kind of sick of them, but will try to look for other ways to make them better. Find a way to add some pizazz
Most days I start with oat meal. (plain quick oats) Most of us (me included) think plain oat meal is ... well, just that, plain. My sister told me years ago how to make it taste good.
For 1/2 a cup of oats I add 2 turns of a grinder of coarse sea salt. (maybe 1/4 tsp) maybe a tsp of vanilla and a TBL of brown sugar (1 pt).
Then I have a salad for lunch and lean meat & veggies for dinner. I really haven't been having sweets too much although I did have sherbet the other night.
The biggest trick,  and I can't stress this enough, is to weigh and measure. You can't just guess.
So anyhow, I get on the scale this morning before I head off to work and was shocked that it said 164.2.
That's just shy of 4 lbs down this week. woo hoo. Not only is it  a great start, doing so well this week will keep me completely motivated to keep doing well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment