Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thinking of Change

I've been smoking off and on for about 18 years. I quite every time I was pregnant with my kids, but always picked it back up again. 4 1/2 months ago I quit for good. I was able to quit cold turkey. It was really no big deal. I decided I didn't want to be a smoker anymore. I just stopped.

I've never been much into weighing myself. I didn't even own a scale.

Then I noticed my clothes weren't fitting like they used to. Every thing was getting tighter. I don't think I'm eating any different then I was when I was a smoker. I really wasn't doing anything different, except gaining weight. I'm sure there is something in cigarettes that kept me from gaining any weight.

So I went out and bought a scale. I knew I usually hung around the 147-150 mark. The next morning when I was about to get into the shower, I got on my new scale. 158! Crap. I knew I was gaining, but for the 2 months since I quit smoking.... 8 pounds was too much. Well now here comes Thanksgiving, Christmas and the new year. I was getting on the scale maybe once a week. Watching the numbers climb and climb.

I've been going to the gym once or twice a week. I'm still not eating any more then I ever do, but I hate these numbers.

Today I decided was the day to make a change. Just like the day I decided to quit smoking, today is the day I lose these pound I don't want anymore.

I'm going to try weight watchers.

A friend of mine was talking about joining. I got in touch with her and we decided that we'd start next week. Its not like I'm just putting it off, I need to start at a meeting. There is a meeting next Tuesday night. So looks like my new way of life starts on Wednesday.

I'm not sure how I will like counting points. Actually it sounds like a pain in the ass. I guess its a small price to pay for living at a healthy weight.

I guess I should take a before picture. ICK. The thought of that is horrible but I'll do it. I don't think I'll post it just yet though.

So for the record, today is Thursday January 22, 2009 and I weigh 168lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment